Prestashop modules by QuickUpdate
Bringing e-commerce to the next level

EASY INSTALL
Modules install without additional software

15 DAYS RETURN
Refund for any unsolvable issues

SECURE PAYMENT
Pay securely through Paypal

DEDICATED SUPPORT
Our experts are here to help

[SOLVED] 'Error - there was an error. Please contact support'
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] 'Error - there was an error. Please contact support'  (Read 3216 times)
David
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 4



View Profile
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:13:44 AM »

I have been using quickupdate 4.0 and all had been going well.

Tonight I have been entering new products by duplicating an existing template product (a method I have used many times to create products quickly with generic attributes). As I was duplicating these products I did notice that the item count at the bottom wasn't increasing - also the item id's included an alphanumeric character whereas all my existing products were sequential numbers; I didn't think anything of it and carried on creating around 90 products.

When I clicked 'update' it simply said:-

'Error - there was an error. Please contact support'

All the products I had added had vanished!

I have tried adding new products with the same method and keep experiencing the same problem - the update works if I simply amend existing products but if I duplicate any products it applies a weird product id (such as A1, A2 etc..) and does not add it to the total item count.

I have tried activating the new product, assigning to different categories and changin many other attributes but just cannot get it to work. Please help
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:07:00 PM by admin » Logged
admin
Administrator
Full Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 161


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 05:28:20 AM »

Hi David,

Please try this new [QUICKFIX] Error on adding / duplicating products, it might solve your problem.

Post you findings here if you decide to use it.

Best regards.
Logged
David
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 4



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »

Brilliant - this seems to have done the trick. you guys are fantastic.

I have not had much chance to try it properly but any issues I shall let you know.
Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Cart  

(empty)