Prestashop modules by Endpulse Software
Bringing e-commerce to the next level

[SOLVED] 'Error - there was an error. Please contact support'
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] 'Error - there was an error. Please contact support'  (Read 1531 times)
David

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:13:44 AM »

I have been using quickupdate 4.0 and all had been going well.

Tonight I have been entering new products by duplicating an existing template product (a method I have used many times to create products quickly with generic attributes). As I was duplicating these products I did notice that the item count at the bottom wasn't increasing - also the item id's included an alphanumeric character whereas all my existing products were sequential numbers; I didn't think anything of it and carried on creating around 90 products.

When I clicked 'update' it simply said:-

'Error - there was an error. Please contact support'

All the products I had added had vanished!

I have tried adding new products with the same method and keep experiencing the same problem - the update works if I simply amend existing products but if I duplicate any products it applies a weird product id (such as A1, A2 etc..) and does not add it to the total item count.

I have tried activating the new product, assigning to different categories and changin many other attributes but just cannot get it to work. Please help
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:07:00 PM by admin » Logged
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 05:28:20 AM »

Hi David,

Please try this new [QUICKFIX] Error on adding / duplicating products, it might solve your problem.

Post you findings here if you decide to use it.

Best regards.
David

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »

Brilliant - this seems to have done the trick. you guys are fantastic.

I have not had much chance to try it properly but any issues I shall let you know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cart  

(empty)