Prestashop modules by Endpulse Software
Bringing e-commerce to the next level

[SOLVED] Umlaut Problem (Bug?) in Product Descriptions
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Umlaut Problem (Bug?) in Product Descriptions  (Read 2302 times)
Lisa

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2011, 01:22:37 PM »

Hi there,

I use QuickUpdate for a shop in 2 languages (German and English). If I make a "Product Description" change in the German descriptions then all "unusual" characters such as umlauts are converted into a nonsensical series of letters and numbers.

I do not EVEN have to make a typewritten change in the TinyMce editor or the Html editor, JUST by clicking the "+" to open and close the box the conversion occurs when I am using QuickUpdate for the German language side of the shop.

For example, the word for "Size" in German is "Größe", if I open the product description area in German by clicking the "+" sign beside the product image then any umlauts or other UTF characters (ö ü ä or ß) are converted into nonsensical letters as such:
Größe = Gru00f6u00dfe

I have tried to type in the ASCii equivalent to the letters in the html editor, but the problem remains upon update of the product. The ASCii characters are converted to the same series of nonsensical letters and numbers.

ASCii Equivalents:
ö = ö
ß = ß

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is this a bug in QuickUpdate or is this something that may be only specific to my theme, PShop version or database?

Using PShop version: 1.3.2
Using QuickUpdate version 4.0 (latest release)

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,
Lisa

P.S. Otherwise, love the module and all the new features such as price precision (decimal place determination), the new header redesign, the ability to save one's preferred layout for X days, image size / row height determination, etc... Saves us lots of time and works a treat!! Definitely can recommend this module!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:41:41 PM by admin » Logged
marcos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »

I have the same problem with spanish.
EXEMPLE: Muñecos to MUu00d1ECO
Can someone helpme?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »

Hi,

Everyone with the special characters issue, please send us an email request for the QuickUpdate v4.0 latest revision, as this has been solved for some time already.

As of this moment, the latest revision is uploaded on the website also.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cart  

(empty)