New features in QuickUpdate v4.0:- Touch friendly design / functionality
- Edit prices with TAX
- Installable as module (+configuration options)
- Huge size reduction -> 50% (less loading time)
- Plugins can now be added to extend functionality
- Error reporting system
- Updating system
- Translatable from the BackOffice system
1. Touch friendly design / functionality
- several interface modifications and improvements have been made to allow access on mobile devices. Devices running iOS and Android are the most suitable. Also some features are not fully compatible with these devices (scrolling might not work very well) in spite of our workaround coding. Improvements will be made in this area constantly in future versions.
2. Better category filters
- the category filter, besides being more accurate that in previous versions, will now display a parent > child relation for the categories. This is valid for 2nd level of depth categories, to remove any confusion when duplicate name categories are involved. Also the categories in the filter are now arranged alphabetically.
3. Better category updating
- the category tree in the product updating list has some coding logic modifications which will provide a more stable and predictable functionality.
4. Clear filters is indicator for filtering presence
- the "Clear filters" button will not be active unless filters are active on the product list. This will notify you in an instant if there is any filter applied, without checking all column headers (and scrolling eventually) for a bold-italic font.
5. Added "All" products option
- this option is now present in the products per page select, and allows a quick display of all the products in the shop.
6. Added "Duplicate product" action
- quickly duplicate any of the products in your list. Is provides a rather limited functionality, duplicating only the product features present in the list (not images & attributes)
7. Undo / update only work when changes are present
- another quick notifier, the Update and Undo buttons will now work only when there are changes present.
8. Added "Delete product" action
- allows you to quickly delete any product.
9. Added "OnSale" column
- mark products as "OnSale"
10. Run product / attribute update/add hooks option
- configuration option which tells QuickUpdate to runt the Prestashop hooks for product updating. This is useful if you have any modules / functionality that run when such actions are performed.
11. Error reporting system
- very important aspect of the new version is an error reporting system which displays errors to you if anything goes wrong and provides insight of what went wrong.
12. Keep product position in category when updating option
- when updating the product categories you have the option to keep the product position in that category. This applies only if at least one of the product categories did not change.
13. Row height option
- allows you to set the height of the product rows. The height of the rows also affect the image preview size, so setting a larger value will also display larger images.
14. Force reload option
- by default this option is enabled, and tells QuickUpdate to reload the product list after each modification. This is "accuracy mode", because if a change was not made correctly you will be able to see it immediately after the product list has been reloaded. If this option is set to disabled, the product updating process will be performed almost instantly, but with less accuracy, since if some change was not done correctly, you will only be able to see it on the shop, or after a manual Refresh of the product list.
15. Layout remember time option
- this option tells QuickUpdate how long you want he layout format to be remembered (column size, column position, etc.). After this time (in days), the layout will be reset.
16. Smaller menu for more space
- the menu has been reduced in size, so that more products will fit on one screen.
17. Double-click on column separator resizes column to fit text
- double clicking the column separator now, resizes the column to fit the largest text in it.
18. Reductions amount / percent exclude each other (PS 1.1 - 1.3)
- you will not be able to set both reduction amount and reduction percent in this version of QuickUpdate. This caused some anomalies in PS, because the previous version of QuickUpdate allowed setting both fields >0.
19. Added 'Last change' column
- shows when the product was last changed / updated for informational purposes.
20. EAN13 / UPC columns only accept correct code length
- these columns will not accept numbers different than the standard they represent.
21. Fixed translation issues
- fixed some translation issues, most related to the filters menu.
22. Mass update for attribute characteristics
- the mass update buttons and field can now be used for the Attrbute window for mass udpdating attributes.
23. Access PIN for direct mobile access
- this option allows the setting of a custom access PIN for quickly and directly accessing QuickUpdate on a mobile device.
24. Fix issue on #Items change
- no longer reloads product list everytime iti is open.
25. Added Price with TAX column
- added the ability to edit product with TAX
26. Added TAX column
- added a column displaying the applied tax for the respective product. The column is not editable at this point.