Prestashop modules by Endpulse Software
Bringing e-commerce to the next level

[SOLVED] Problem with installation: ziparchive not found
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Problem with installation: ziparchive not found  (Read 2017 times)
Mattiaa

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2012, 05:13:12 PM »

When I try to install the module i got "ziparchive not found"

I read in the manual that:

If you do not have ZipArchive component in your PHP version, you will need to manually extract the installPack archive into your administration folder via FTP.

But can u please explain me how to do that?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:37:08 AM by admin » Logged
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:27:01 AM »

Hi,

Considering the following prerequisites and terms:

1. Local computer = your local computer
2. Remote server = the server where PS is installed
3. FTP client = software to transfer files local <-> remote
4. QuickUpdate package = zip archive containing the the module files
5. ADMIN folder = the folder on the remote server where the BackOffice files are located (the one you rename after PS installation)

A step by step instruction list would be:

1. Extract the QuickUpdate package on the Local computer
2. Inside the "quickupdate" folder that was extracted you will find an "installPack.zip" file
3. Extract "installPack.zip" file on Local Computer
4. Transfer the the extracted "quickupdate" folder resulting from point 3 via FTP  client to your ADMIN folder on the Remote server

Notes:

I. This guide explains how to perform the second part of the QuickUpdate installation process

II. This guide assumes you already have the module (contents from step 1)   transfered  in your "modules" folder on the remote server

III. This guide assumes you have the QuickUpdate module installed in the BackOffice (first part of the installation process)

IV. If all things go well you should be able to access the configuration options of QuickUpdate in the BackOffice and eventually perform a "Restore defaults" operation

V. Because it is a manual installation, you will specifically need to allow access to some employees to QuickUpdate (QuickUpdate > Configuration > Access section).

VI. For easier operation, you should manually create a Quick Access in the BackOffice pointing to www.yourwebsite.com/youradminfolder/quickupdate

Hope this is considered explicit and not offensive by anyone and that it will be useful

Best regards
Mattiaa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 10:50:10 AM »

Thank you...solved!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cart  

(empty)